Isla Mujeres Tour - Luxury Sailing Adventure
Distance from Hotel: 50.99 miles
Plan Your Island Escape
Just eight miles off the Yucatan coast lies a tropical island paradise. Spend a day exploring the vibrant town square, eclectic boutiques, diverse restaurants and natural beauty of this tiny island. Once a sleepy fishing village, today Isla Mujeres offers a tranquil respite from the bustle of Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Explore quiet, tree lined streets dotted with traditional Caribbean homes. Rent a moped, bike or golf cart and tour the island. Snorkel, swim and play on pristine Isla Mujeres beaches. Visit the Turtle Farm, stroll through Hacienda Mundaca, shop and dine in this unique oasis.
- Island Time Music Festival (Feb)
- Regatta del Sol (Apr)
- Posadas Navideña (Dec)
- Fishing & Boat Charters
- Swimming with Dolphins
- What is the Sculpture Garden at Punta Sur? At the southermost tip of Isla Mujeres, discover a tranquil respite from everyday life. Perched on the highest elevation in the Yucatan Peninsula, this is where ancient civilizations worshiped the Mayan Moon Goddess. Today, visitors can hike atop the steep, naturally carved cliffs and drink in spectacular views of Cancun and the Caribbean Sea. The nearby Punta Sur Sculpture Garden offers dramatic artworks from local and international sculptors and offers a contemporary take on the legendary Mayan civilization. Be inspired in this magical spot.
- How do you get to Isla Mujeres? From along the Yucatan coast, you can see Isla Mujeres rising from the Caribbean Sea. And it's easy to take a day trip to this special place with convenient service on the UltraMar ferry. The Gran Puerto (UltraMar) ferry dock is located in Puerto Juarez, just a few minutes from downtown Cancun. The ferry departs every half-hour, from 5:00 AM to 8:30 PM, then once per hour at 9:30 PM, 10:30 PM and 11:30 PM. Your journey lasts approximately 15 minutes and the fare is 80 pesos each way. The final return ferry from Isla Mujeres leaves the island at 12:00 AM.
- I have never sailed before - does it matter? Not at all. You can either sit back, relax and let the crew look after you, or you can learn how to sail. The crew will show you the ropes.
- What is the minimum age allowed to board the catamaran? The minimum age is 8 years and child pricing applies to ages 8-11 years.
- Are there extra costs like a tax reef, dock or transportation? There are no extra costs. All costs are already included in the list price.