Grand Velas Riviera Maya PRESSROOM
Nov 16The AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Maya invites traveling palates to enjoy Thanksgiving this year with a Mexican twist courtesy of its Turkey con (with) Mole recipe. While now there are many different varieties of mole sauce with origins throughout the country that act as accompaniments to many different dishes, it is a common legend that mole was originally created for turkey. At the Convent of Santa Rosa in Puebla, the nuns had to rush to prepare a meal for a visiting archbishop so they killed an old turkey, cooked it and mixed everything else they had in a sauce to top it. That sauce was the original mole. If you can't make it to Riviera Maya to Mexico's Foodie Resort for Thanksgiving, try the recipe below to make at home.For more reservations or more information on Grand Velas Riviera Maya, please email email@example.com, call 1-888-407-4869, or visit http://rivieramaya.grandvelas.com/.
Thanksgiving Mexican-Style with a Turkey con Mole Recipe From Grand Velas Riviera MayaRiviera Maya, Mexico (November 16, 2016)
Turkey con Mole Sauce (Serving Size: 4)
- 1.25 lbs - Turkey Breast
- ¼ C - Vegetable Oil
- 1¼ C - Mole Paste
- ¾ C - Chicken Broth
- ¼ C - Nopal, peeled and cubed
- ¼ C - Tomato, seeded and cut
- ¼ C - Onion, diced
- 2 T - Coriander leaves, finely diced
- ½ C - Lemon Juice
- 1 large - Avocado
- 2 ½ T - Lemon Juice
- 1 T - olive oil
- Cut the turkey breast into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, add oil over medium-high heat and brown both sides. Remove from pan and finish cooking on a baking sheet at 350 ° F for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat add the mole paste. Add the chicken broth slowly, bringing to a boil and then simmering until you've achieved a thick consistency. Set aside.
- Combine the nopal, onion, tomato and coriander in a bowl, add ¼ C lemon juice and season.
- Blend the pulp of an avocado with remaining lemon juice and season.
- Plate some sliced turkey over a layer of mole and dress with some drops of mashed avocado and pico de gallo.